Pilates with a Physiotherapist
We offer one-on-one Pilates training with Certified Instructors who are also Registered Physiotherapists, $100 / hr.
With their advanced knowledge of biomechanics, injury prevention and rehabilitation, Pilates offered at our Danforth location is ideal for beginners, long-time practitioners looking to progress, and people with injuries or chronic physical impairments.
Is this different than regular Pilates?
If you have done reformer-based Pilates in the past, training with our instructors will look and feel similar. However, our one-on-one training offers additional benefits:
- Your training will not only target strength and fitness, it will incorporate Physiotherapy principles as needed to address any musculoskeletal imbalance, injury or mobility disorder, and injury prevention.
- Your training will be provided by two of the most qualified and knowledgeable instructors in Toronto.
- Our Pilates is billed as physiotherapy. This means:
- It is tax-free.
- It qualifies as physiotherapy under extended health insurance plans, or as a tax deductible medical expense on your tax return.
- Your first session includes a physical assessment and examination of any musculoskeletal injuries or impairments.
PILATES AT TORONTO PHYSIOTHERAPY
At Toronto Physiotherapy we are excited to offer a truly unique Pilates experience. We offer a beautiful studio space, modern equipment including a reformer and ladder barrel, and the skill to target not only general strength and fitness, but also mobility impairment, injury prevention and rehabilitation.
Paula Zambonato, a Registered Physiotherapist and Certified Instructor with over 10 years of experience treating and training at her former studio in Brazil.
Kaila Lunny, PT, a Registered Physiotherapist and Certified Instructor.
We currently offer Pilates at our Danforth & Chester studio. Please stop by to check out our beautiful new studio space! Or if you would like to learn more about this service and whether it’s right for you, please feel free to email us your questions at email@example.com.
PILATES AND PHYSIOTHERAPY ARE A NATURAL FIT
Physiotherapists are widely regarded as experts in musculoskeletal function, injury and rehabilitation. They routinely employ exercise therapy in the treatment of a range of musculoskeletal injuries and conditions. By precisely improving muscle strength and endurance, postural alignment, and promoting optimal movement patterns, physiotherapists facilitate reductions in pain and inflammation, improvements in mobility and balance, and prevention of re-injury.
The Pilates exercise system was designed to achieve fitness gains by targeting some of these same basic areas: core muscle strength, posture, and optimal movement patterns. This makes it a natural fit with Physiotherapy. As a result, Physiotherapists with Pilates Certification are uniquely capable of achieving both fitness and rehabilitative outcomes.