Services: Home Physiotherapy
We offer home physiotherapy services for patients that would prefer to receive care at their home or workplace. Our at-home physiotherapy patients receive the same high quality care that we offer in our clinics. We also instruct each patient on how they can use their home environment to help them achieve their rehabilitation goals.
Our staff of home care physiotherapists have advanced training in specialized fields including orthopedic, neurologic and cancer physiotherapy. We are NOT a virtual business or ‘online marketplace’ for independent service providers. Each of our home physiotherapists were hand-selected, and are long-term and valued members of our staff. Many of our home therapists also maintain in-clinic availability as well, and can help you transition your care to this more cost-effective option if you wish.
Toronto Physiotherapy has won accolades from our patients including:
- The 2013 and 2017 Consumer Choice Award for Physiotherapists in Toronto.
- The 2015 Opencare Patients’ Choice Award for Physiotherapy in Toronto.
- The 2017 Top Choice Award for Physiotherapy Clinic in Toronto.
But more important than awards is a strong community reputation. So please ask your friends about us!
Do you have questions about receiving physiotherapy at home, or want to know if we’re the right fit for you? Contact us. A physiotherapist will be happy to answer your questions. You can also email a physiotherapist your questions directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our services may be covered under employee extended health insurance benefits or motor vehicle accident insurance. Our receipts also qualify as a tax deductible medical expense on your tax return.
What areas do we serve?
We currently offer home physiotherapy services across Toronto including Scarborough, East York, North York and Etobicoke as well as in surrounding municipalities such as Ajax, Brampton, Mississauga, Markham, Pickering, and Richmond Hill.
Our home physiotherapy services are provided by highly skilled physiotherapists who also maintain some clinical hours. And with two convenient clinics, extended hours, and a fabulous team of therapists, we can progress you seamlessly to in-clinic treatment if you wish – an option that can be more cost-effective than receiving therapy at home.
Why Choose Toronto Physiotherapy at home?
We know it can be nerve-wracking to welcome a stranger, with little more than a phone number and website, into your home. But rest assured, it is possible to receive professional, personal, and high quality physiotherapy at home – without compromise.
At Toronto Physiotherapy our in-home physiotherapists supply all the physical therapy tools and expertise necessary to treat your condition. Our therapists will work with you and your home environment to achieve the same excellent standard of care that patients have come to expect from us.
What we offer:
- Real brick-and-mortar business, brand and reputation, with two clinic locations.
- All of our physiotherapists are highly skilled and personable. We have physiotherapists with advanced training in specialized areas including orthopedic, neurologic and cancer physiotherapy.
- Our physiotherapists are well rewarded both personally and professionally. As a result, we attract exceptional therapists to our team and enjoy very low employee turn-over.
- We can transfer your care from home to clinic. If you wish, our home physiotherapists can help you graduate your care from your home to one of our two convenient clinics – which is a more cost-effective option. Most of our home physiotherapists also maintain in-clinic hours at our clinics, so you may be able to make this transition without changing therapists.
- We can offer a wide range of home physiotherapy tools and techniques in your home including: exercise therapy, postural training, manual therapy, acupuncture, ultrasound, electrotherapy and more.
- We will lay out a clear home rehabilitation plan, and will provide you with the treatment that you need. We will also provide instruction and encourage you to continue working towards your rehabilitation goals on your own between visits.
- We usually treat in hour-long home care sessions. Home care cases are often complicated, or have other confounding medical or social factors that make short visits less effective and less rewarding for the patient.
- We can navigate hospital administration in order to treat patients in the hospital in-patient setting.
- We maintain flexible communication. With permission we can organize treatment through a family member or friend.
- Our services are covered by most extended health care plans.
- We do not require a doctor referral (but can work closely with your physician).
- We keep full records of your therapy, secured within our clinics.
- We accept all forms of payment: Cash, Cheque, VISA/MC, Interac e-transfer, and Debit (in-clinic).
- We are a Professional Physiotherapy Corporation. This means that we are 100% physiotherapist owned, and that our business practices must abide by the rules and regulations set out by the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario.
Our model of home physiotherapy involves using exceptional physiotherapists who also maintain in-clinic hours. Unfortunately, this means that it may not always be possible to fit our services into your schedule. If this is the case for you, we do maintain a short list of additional providers that we may be able to refer you to.