TeleRehab (Online Physiotherapy)
TeleRehab Can Help
Can TeleRehab (Online Physiotherapy) help you?
Physiotherapy is normally thought of as a “hands-on” form of healthcare. But in reality, three of the four central components of physiotherapy are not hands-on at all (or don’t need to be!):
- Individualized home exercise programming as well as instruction on stretching and self-administration of soft-tissue massage or frictions.
- Education on activity and lifestyle modification in order to treat and prevent a large variety of conditions, injuries and illness. This also includes education on use of home-based modalities including heat / cold / electrical stimulation depending on what the patient has available at home.
- Health assessment, screening and referral. Including initial assessment, ongoing assessments, and medical triage.
In fact, exercise therapy and education are arguably the two most important and effective tools in the physiotherapist’s clinical toolbox, and these are ideally suited to TeleRehabilitation.
Clinical data agrees. A large and growing body of studies have demonstrated the equivalence of in-person physiotherapy and online physiotherapy for a range of injuries and conditions.
Through video calls and online exercise programs your Registered Physiotherapist can help you with a wide range of musculoskeletal (muscle, soft tissue and joint related) conditions and injuries.
How does TeleRehab work?
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a 45 minute initial assessment ($75), or a 30 min ($50) or 15 min ($25) follow up appointment with a Registered Physiotherapist.
- We email you an intake form and an invite to a free video calling app (like Skype or FaceTime) that you can use on your computer, tablet or phone with internet connection and camera. Alternatively we may be able to use a video calling app that you are already familiar with.
- Your Physiotherapist will connect with you face-to-face by video call to assess your condition, answer your questions, and develop a customized treatment plan. Using an online physiotherapy tool they will also create and send you customized exercise programs as needed. These programs can include detailed instructions, pictures, and videos to help guide you through your home based rehab program.
- Sessions are tax-free, and qualify as Physiotherapy for Medical Expense Tax Credits and for extended health insurance purposes.
- Payment can be made by credit card or e-transfer.
- We can also transition you from online TeleRehabilitation to in-person care if you live in the GTA. This includes in-home physiotherapy sessions, or seeing your therapist at one of our clinics.
Not sure if TeleRehab is right for you?
TeleRehabilitation or ‘TeleHealth’ Physiotherapy is growing in popularity in Canada and around the world, but the idea of online physiotherapy can still feel foreign to many. If you’re not sure if TeleRehab is right for you or your condition, email us. A Registered Physiotherapist will respond to your email and help you determine if TeleRehab is right for you.
Email your question to email@example.com.
Give it a try risk-free!
We’re so confident that you will be happy with the experience that we offer a full refund for any patient who is not fully satisfied.