COVID-19 Safety Measures
Providing safe and accessible in-person care is our top priority. As Regulated Health Professionals we are trained in infection control practices and are required to adhere to stringent standards to best protect the safety of our patients and our staff. As a Physiotherapy Professional Corporation we are also legally obliged to prioritize your safety.
Our COVID-19 Infection Control Measures Include:
- TeleRehab (video calling) remains available as an alternative to in-person visits, or in combination.
- All patients and staff are screened for COVID-19 before entry. Patients or staff who have exhibited symptoms of infection or travelled internationally in the past 14 days, or who have been in close contact with someone who has, are asked to contact Public Heath and stay home until they are finished their 14-day self-isolation.
- All patients are required to wear a mask or other face covering while in our clinics (unless there is a medical reason not to).
- All staff are required to wear a mask while working (and additional protective equipment as needed).
- All patients and staff must use hand sanitizer upon arrival along with regular handwashing by staff between patients and throughout the day.
- Physical distancing is required for all patients and staff:
- Reception chairs are spaced 2 meters apart.
- Patients are asked to come to their appointments alone unless absolutely necessary.
- Patients are asked to arrive as close to the starting time of their appointment as possible and leave immediately following their appointments. Waiting outside of the clinic or in their cars will be encouraged.
- We have added more time between visits to decrease overlap of patients and ensure effective disinfection of rooms.
- Plexi-glass barriers have been installed on our reception counters.
- Universal physical distancing rules apply for all staff and patients (outside of the patient-therapist interaction).
- We provide exclusively one-on-one care in private rooms: Our clinic model is ideally suited to help us decrease the risk of COVID-19 transmission by limiting your contact with other people. We do not use support staff, our therapists do not treat multiple patients at the same time, and we provide all care one-on-one in private treatment rooms with doors. Treatment rooms are also dedicated to a single therapist for the duration of their shift.
- Rooms are disinfected after each patient with appropriate agents effective for COVID-19.
- We regularly disinfect common space surfaces with appropriate agents effective for COVID-19.
- We have reduced potential contact with surfaces through:
- Contactless payment.
- A paperless patient intake process.
- Uncluttered spaces.
- Keeping doors propped open where possible.