Services: Yoga with a Physiotherapist
We offer one-on-one yoga sessions with Cynthia Chung, our Certified Yoga Instructor AND Registered Physiotherapist. Yoga taught by our unique instructor will look and feel familiar to what you have experienced in the past. However, these one-on-one sessions offer extra benefits:
- Training can target general health and fitness as well as injury rehabilitation and prevention as needed.
- These sessions are tax-free and covered as physiotherapy under extended health insurance plans.
- Cynthia is also trained in prenatal yoga, a safe form of yoga for pregnancy.
Our fee for a one-hour private session with Cynthia is $100, and tax-free.
Yoga at Toronto Physiotherapy
We offer unique one-on-one private Yoga sessions with Cynthia Chung, our Registered Physiotherapist and Certified Instructor.
In these sessions Cynthia will provide classic instruction to help you improve your general health and fitness. If desired, Cynthia can also:
- Incorporate physiotherapy principles as necessary to enable the practice of Yoga for patients suffering from various physical injuries and conditions. Her training will also include education on safely continuing training on your own.
- Incorporate physiotherapy principles in her instruction to target the rehabilitation of various physical injuries and conditions.
- Provide prenatal yoga, a safe form of yoga for pregnancy.
Sessions with Cynthia are tax-exempt, reimbursable as Physiotherapy under extended health insurance plans, or qualify as a medical expense deduction for income tax purposes.
Yoga and Physiotherapy Are a Natural Fit
Physiotherapists are the recognized experts in muscle and skeletal function, dysfunction and rehabilitation. Not surprisingly, a key component of physiotherapy is exercise therapy – the targeted use of muscle strengthening and stretching exercises to improve muscle function and balance, postural alignment, and optimal movement patterns. In doing so, exercise therapy can be used to reduce mobility and balance dysfunctions, pain, inflammation, and prevent re-injury or manage chronic physical conditions.
Yoga has at its core a similar focus as physiotherapy: improving muscle strength and balance, postural alignment, and optimal movement to promote fitness and health. Physiotherapists with Instructor Certification are therefore uniquely equipped to understand and deliver training that can help their clients achieve their fitness goals as well as their physical rehabilitation objectives.