Our kind of physiotherapy may surprise you
Unlike what you may have experienced at other clinics, our Registered Physiotherapists provide one-on-one physiotherapy and rehabilitation services in modern and private physio rooms.
No support staff replacing your Physiotherapist.
No open gym feel (although we have gyms too).
Our focus is Physiotherapy and we are 100% physiotherapist owned. We offer traditional Orthopedic Physiotherapy, as well as specialized services including: Neurologic, Cancer, Pelvic Floor, Sports and Home Physiotherapy.
Toronto Physiotherapy provides physical therapy without compromise, but also without premium fees. Thanks to our approach we have become a preferred centre for physiotherapy in East Toronto / East York and in Midtown Toronto, with convenient locations at Danforth & Chester and Yonge & St. Clair.
Toronto Physiotherapy has won accolades from our patients including:
- The 2013 and 2017 Consumer Choice Award for Physiotherapists in Toronto.
- The 2015 Opencare Patients’ Choice Award for Physiotherapy in Toronto.
- The 2017 Top Choice Award for Physiotherapy Clinic in Toronto.
But more important than awards is a strong community reputation. So please ask your friends about us!
Looking for the best physiotherapy clinic for you? Check out our Top 6 Criteria:
How to Find the Best Physiotherapy in Toronto (or Anywhere Else)
What is Physiotherapy Rehabilitation?
Physiotherapists are recognized experts in the non-surgical treatment of a wide range of musculoskeletal and orthopaedic conditions and injuries.
Physiotherapy rehabilitation at our clinics can involve a variety of specialized techniques including exercise therapy; postural, gait, balance and co-ordination re-training; and manual manipulation and/or mobilization of tissues and joints. Physiotherapists may employ additional physical therapy modalities including electrotherapy, ultrasound, acupuncture, and more. Physiotherapists have the expert skills to assess, diagnose and treat your injury.
Common conditions treated at Toronto Physiotherapy include:
- Acute and chronic musculoskeletal injuries
- Back and neck pain (including degenerative disc disease)
- Elbow and wrist pain
- Foot and ankle pain
- Hip and knee pain (including pre and post-operative care)
- Osteoarthritis (see our Patient Guide to Knee Osteoarthritis)
- Postural dysfunction
- Repetitive strain injuries
- Sciatica (see our Patient Guide to Sciatica Treatment)
- Shoulder pain and stiffness
- Spinal conditions and nerve impingements
We also offer specialized services for:
- Cancer conditions
- Lymphedema, venus insufficiency, and non-specific swelling
- Mother and infant conditions
- Motor Vehicle Accident (MVA) claims
- Neurological conditions
- Pelvic floor dysfunction and incontinence
- Peripheral artery disease
Why Choose Toronto Physiotherapy?
- Provide one-on-one treatment (we do not treat multiple patients at a time, nor do we use support staff in your treatment).
- Treat in private physio rooms rather than in an ‘open gym’ model.
- Provide only the treatment you need (the quicker you get better the more likely you are to refer a friend!).
- Offer general orthopedic physical therapy alongside a suite of specialized rehabilitation services, enabling us to address a wider range of injuries and co-incident conditions.
- Use the latest evidenced-based methods to assess, diagnose and treat your injury.
- Use advanced rehabilitation tools including Toronto’s first AlterG anti-gravity treadmill, acupuncture, and other treatment modalities that can be incorporated into your treatment at no additional cost.
- Provide therapy covered by most extended health care plans.
- Do not require a doctor referral (but can work closely with your physician).
- Treat in two of the most modern and inviting physiotherapy clinics in Toronto, conveniently located at Danforth & Chester in East Toronto / East York and Yonge and St. Clair in Midtown Toronto.
- We are a Professional Physiotherapy Corporation. This means that we are 100% physiotherapist owned, and that our business practices must abide by the rules and regulations set out by the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario.
Rehab Science Blog and Patient Resource
Visit our Rehab Science Blog to read our reviews of the latest rehabilitation news and research, or to access self-help articles and videos. These include articles on low back pain, degenerative disc disease, sciatica, osteoarthritis, shoulder impingement, tennis elbow, and much more.
Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation products available in-clinic:
- Ankle and elbow braces
- Compression wraps and garments
- Foam Rollers
- Home rehabilitation equipment
- Motion Medicine pain relief lotion
- Resistance bands
- Sport tapes (‘Kinesio Tape’)
- Stability supports and belts