Services: Neurological Rehabilitation
Toronto Physiotherapy offers neurological physiotherapy and rehabilitation services to treat a range of neurological conditions including:
- Stroke (hemorrhagic, ischemic)
- Brain injury (traumatic, tumour, post-surgery)
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Guillain-Barre Syndrome
- Progressive nerve palsies
- Peripheral Neuropathy (including diabetic)
- Spinal Cord Injury (incomplete and complete)
Have a question about how we can help, or just looking for some advice? Feel free to email Lisa directly at [email protected]. She would be happy to answer your questions and help you determine if we are the right fit for you.
Neurological Rehabilitation Services
Rehabilitation at Toronto Physiotherapy is designed to address each individual’s unique impairments in order to maximize physical function and independence. Our physiotherapists have specialized expertise in neurological physiotherapy including advanced training in Bobath and Neuro-Developmental Treatment techniques, and experience in a variety of clinical settings. With a selection of specialized equipment including the first AlterG Treadmill in Toronto, we can address a wide range of neurological physiotherapy needs.
Toronto Physiotherapy can act as your primary neurological rehabilitation provider, or we can help you continue to progress while you wait to transition from hospital inpatient to outpatient programs. Home care neurological rehabilitation is also available.
The Anti-Gravity Treadmill
The AlterG uses differential air pressure to precisely control body weight in 1% increments, in a supported environment, while encouraging normal gait.
- Promotes neuromuscular and proprioceptive re-training, and brain plasticity.
- Enhances balance and confidence while encouraging improved gait and stride length.
- Enables higher work load and training intensity for gait re-training and cardiovascular fitness.
- Provides a safe environment for multi-task functional training and learning.
Why Choose Toronto Physiotherapy?
At Toronto Physiotherapy our neurological physiotherapists:
- Provide one-on-one rehabilitation (we do not treat multiple patients at a time, nor do we use support staff in your therapy).
- Use the latest evidenced-based neurological physiotherapy methods and tools.
- Can treat in private physiotherapy rooms rather than in a strictly ‘open gym’ model.
- Can provide neurological rehabilitation services in the comfort of your home if necessary.
- Provide rehabilitation covered by most extended health care plans.
- Do not require a doctor referral (but can work closely with your physician and other care providers).
- Work in one of the most modern and inviting physiotherapy clinics in Toronto.
Our clinic is suitable for wheelchair users who are able to transfer independently or with one-person assistance. If you would like more information about our services please give us a call, or email a physiotherapist with your questions at [email protected]
Toronto Physiotherapy is a premier provider of neurological rehabilitation in East Toronto, and is conveniently located at Broadview and Danforth.
Neuro Rehab Self-Help Resources
Rehab Science Blog and Patient Resource
Visit the neurological rehabilitation section of our Rehab Science Blog to read our summaries of the latest news and research on neurological physiotherapy, or to access self-help articles.
Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation products available:
- Electrical Muscle Stimulator
- Home rehabilitation equipment
- Stability supports and belts
- TENS machine for pain relief
Visit our Product page to learn more!